PACK EXPO International opens in less than three months
PACK EXPO International is back and will open its doors on October 23, 2022 at McCormick Place, Chicago. As the most comprehensive packaging and processing show in the world in 2022, this year’s edition will offer attendees more features than ever before and the opportunity to experience more innovations in four days than in a year’s worth of research.
“It is vital for the packaging and processing industries to come together and share innovations, connect with colleagues, hear from experts, and see machinery in action. PACK EXPO International 2022 is the most efficient and effective way to do it all,” says Jim Pittas, president and CEO, PMMI, The Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies. “No other event this year will showcase entire production line solutions and offer attendees everything needed to compete in a changing marketplace.”
Attendees will discover solutions they didn’t even know existed from 2,000+ exhibitors displaying the latest technology for over 40 vertical markets in 1.2 million net square feet of exhibit space, as well as 100+ free educational sessions located on the show floor.
New Show Features Include:
- The interactive PACK to the Future Exhibit celebrates the role of packaging and processing throughout history and the impact it is poised to have on our future. The PACK to the Future Stage will provide free industry-expert presentations on cutting-edge industry advancements.
- PACK Match at PACK EXPO International debuts, providing attendees complimentary personalized, one-on-one guidance with PACK Match Advisors to connect attendees with the right suppliers.
- The one-day Emerging Brands Summit debuts at PACK EXPO International 2022 and will feature educational content, tabletop exhibits, and expert advisors. This new program is aimed at founders and leaders of startup manufacturing companies looking to scale their brand to larger production through either in-house facility build out or outsourced relationships with contract manufacturers and packagers.
- PACK Challenge, sponsored by PepsiCo, a brand-new competition bringing high school teams together for a head-to-head machine building challenge. The winning school will be awarded $6,000 for overall Best in Show with an additional three categories to compete in: Filler Performance Gold Cup; Engineering Method/Most Innovative Filler Design and Marketing/Sales. Afterward, the teams will take the machine back to their school, providing future students the opportunity for hands-on experience.
- The Processing Zone returns to PACK EXPO International in 2022 along with the new Processing Innovation Stage focusing on the latest breakthroughs in processing. In today’s manufacturing environment, processing and packaging are integrated systems, making it critical to bring both solutions under one roof.
- The new Industry Speaks Stage features expert sessions from the PACK EXPO Partner Program, addressing the latest hot button topics and industry trends across multiple industry verticals.
Brand New Pavilions at PACK EXPO International:
- The Healthcare Packaging Pavilion - The name is the only thing that’s changed about this gathering ground for life science industries. Innovations for pharmaceuticals, biopharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals, and medical devices will be front and center in this targeted show floor destination.
- The Logistics Pavilion - A crucial part of the product journey is from manufacturer to consumer. With the boom in e-commerce, The Logistics Pavilion in the North Building will be the place to find targeted solutions related to the supply chain, including warehousing, fulfillment, distribution logistics services, and transportation providers.
Returning favorites include unmatched show floor education on three Innovation Stages and at The Forum. The Forum will feature interactive sessions, including small group discussions and Q&A sessions. The Innovation Stages on the show floor provide quick presentations on breakthrough technologies and techniques focused on a wide range of industry-specific solutions.
- The PACKage Printing Pavilion features digital printing and converting, labeling, coding, and marking technologies.
- The Containers and Materials Pavilion is the prime destination for companies looking for innovative containers and materials to meet sustainability goals, refresh a brand, or launch new products. It also houses award-nominated packaging solutions in The Showcase of Packaging Innovations, sponsored by WestRock.
- The Confectionery Pavilion, sponsored by the National Confectioner’s Association, highlights candy trends and technologies, and also offers The Candy Bar Lounge (sponsored by Syntegon) for casual networking and idea sharing.
- The Reusable Packaging Pavilion, sponsored by the Reusable Packaging Association, showcases reusable packaging solutions to help reduce waste, cut costs, and gain supply chain efficiency.
- The Workforce Development Pavilion is PACK EXPO International’s one-stop-shop for resources to strengthen your current workforce and grow the existing workforce.
- Association Partner Pavilion houses leading associations dedicated to advancing the packaging and processing industry, offering significant resources, insights, and expertise― all in one central location.
In addition to PACK Challenge, PACK EXPO International offers additional programs and activities aimed at getting students excited about careers in packaging and processing.
- The Future Innovators Robotics Showcase is where high school robotics teams from across the country showcase their design, engineering, and troubleshooting skills.
- The Amazing Packaging Race, sponsored by Emerson, a fun, educational event where teams from colleges and universities in North America race around the show floor to complete tasks at the booths of participating exhibitors.
- CareerLink Live @ PACK EXPO is an opportunity for PMMI members and consumer packaged goods (CPG) companies to meet with students and veterans pursuing careers in packaging and processing during one-on-one informational interviews to take place at the show. Register today.
- PMMI will also be offering popular training workshops in Chicago to coincide with PACK EXPO International.
PACK EXPO International offers the highest quality connections through specialized networking events such as the Packaging & Processing Women’s Leadership Network Event that tackles timely issues facing women in the industry.
At this year’s networking breakfast, hear from keynote speaker Dawn Hudson, former chief marketing officer at the National Football League and former president and CEO of Pepsi Cola North America. Drawing on her own diverse experiences, Hudson shares winning business strategies for women, including clean communication, emotional intelligence, leadership techniques, and tips for elevating your networking and negotiation game. Registration is now open.
The PPWLN networking event is sponsored by: Emerson, ID Technology, Morrison Container Handling Solutions, Plexpack Corp., Septimatech Group Inc., and SMC Corporation of America.
PACK EXPO’s annual event PACK gives BACK, sponsored by Rockwell Automation, returns to PACK EXPO International bigger and better than ever! For the first time in its Chicago history, the event will be a musical performance, with headlining band STYX taking center stage at McCormick Place. And immediately following PACK gives BACK, the Emerging Leaders Network will host an evening event for young professionals at Punchbowl Social in downtown Chicago. For event details and to register, click here.
Finally, The Technology Excellence Awards will recognize the most innovative technologies not yet shown at a previous PACK EXPO. Attendees will be able to vote onsite on the app, or online for their favorite finalists selected in specific market segments.
Visit packexpointernational.com to learn more about the exciting show features, search exhibitors, and register. Registration for PACK EXPO International is $30 until Sept. 30, after which it increases to $130. For more information and to register, visit packexpointernational.com.