The Packaging & Processing Hall of Fame Commission will be accepting nominations for the 2018 Packaging & Processing Hall of Fame class from April 16 – June 15, 2018. Coordinated by PMMI, The Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies, the Packaging Hall of Fame awarded packaging leaders who substantially impacted the industry from 1971 until 2014. As the industry evolved, the Hall of Fame Commission paused for a cycle to ensure it included an accurate representation of all deserving nominees. With its return this year at PACK EXPO International (Oct. 14-17; McCormick Place, Chicago) processing professionals will join packaging nominees for the first time.
“Looking at the names of past inductees, you know immediately that the Hall of Fame is one of the highest honors professionals in our industry can achieve,” says Jim Pittas, president & CEO, PMMI. “These men and women really made their mark through their dedication to innovation and leaving the industry better than they found it.”
As announced in a September press release, PMMI coordinated members of the Packaging & Processing Hall of Fame Commission to select this year’s inductees. Members include:
- David S. Smith, Ph.D., Vice President, Global Package Development, Johnson & Johnson
- Suzanne Fisher, Senior Program Manager, Special Handling Packaging, Amazon
- Mary Gregg, President, Springboard Packaging Solutions, Inc.
- Laura Bix, Ph.D., Professor, Associate Director, Michigan State School of Packaging
- Tom Schneider, CPP, President, World Packaging Organization
- Michael Richmond, Ph.D., PTIS, LLC, Global Management & Packaging Consultants
- Bill Rice, Associate Manager, Packaging Technology, RD&E - Global Home Cleaners, SC Johnson
- Kim Carswell, Director, Packaging, Target
- Glen Long, Senior Vice President, PMMI
- Joe Angel, President and Publisher, PMMI Media Group, Packaging World
- Patricia Andersen, Vice President of Human Resources & Training, Delkor Systems, Inc.
- James D. Downham, President & CEO, Packaging Consortium
- Any member of the packaging or processing community may submit a nomination for next year's Packaging & Processing Hall of Fame class. Nominations will be accepted from April 16–June 15, 2018. Visit pmmi.org/hall-of-fame for more information.
PACK EXPO International and the co-located Healthcare Packaging EXPO will bring together 2,500 exhibitors showcasing their packaging innovations to 50,000 attendees in over 1.2 million net square feet of exhibit space. Learn more at packexpointernational.com.
PMMI, The Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies, represents more than 800 North American manufacturers and suppliers of equipment, components and materials as well as providers of related equipment and services to the packaging and processing industry. We work to advance a variety of industries by connecting consumer goods companies with manufacturing solutions through the world-class PACK EXPO portfolio of trade shows, leading trade media and a wide range of resources to empower our members. The PACK EXPO trade shows unite the world of packaging and processing to advance the industries they serve: PACK EXPO International, PACK EXPO Las Vegas, Healthcare Packaging EXPO, PACK EXPO East, EXPO PACK México, EXPO PACK Guadalajara and ProFood Tech. PMMI Media Group connects manufacturers to the latest solutions, trends and innovations in packaging and processing year-round through brands including Packaging World, Automation World, Healthcare Packaging, Contract Packaging, ProFood World and OEM. PMMI Business Drivers assist members in pursuing operational excellence through workforce development initiatives, deliver actionable business intelligence on economic, market and industry trends to support members' growth strategies, and actively connect the supply chain throughout the year.
# # #