MY INDUSTRY / CONFECTIONERY
PACK EXPO International Is the Main Event for Confectionery Packaging
When it comes to candy, the package can really make the product. For the packaging solutions you need to launch a new flavor, update your look or differentiate your brand, PACK EXPO International is your one-stop shop.
- Check out many of the industry’s top suppliers exhibiting in The Confectionery Pavilion, sponsored by the National Confectioners Association
- For digital solutions that make specialized labels, on-demand printing for multiple SKUs and high-end effects economically viable, be sure to visit vendors in the PACKage Printing Pavilion.
- Look for the easy-open, portion-control, resealable and stand-up packaging that is popular with consumers today, as well as eye-catching shapes and unique sizes—especially in the Containers & Materials Pavilion.
- Connect with peers, talk shop and learn from experts in The Candy Bar Lounge.
- Plan to attend the Confectionery Industry Reception on Tuesday afternoon.
CONFECTIONERY INDUSTRY NEWS
Retail ready case reduces corrugated
Redesigning the display-ready case for its packaged chocolate products from a two-piece to a one-piece box helped move Hershey toward its goal of reducing its packaging material by 25 million pounds by 2025.
Bio-based film eliminates candy wrapper waste
A four-year project involving all players in the supply chain produced a new voided, bio-based, multilayer laminated film that lowers density and improves yield.