PMMI’s Show Approach for a Safe and Productive Event
PMMI is actively communicating with all of our vendor partners, hotels and McCormick Place to discuss best practices and measures to encourage social distancing and address COVID-19 concerns. PMMI along with the trade show industry has come together during this unprecedented time and is actively working on guidelines and recommendations. As soon as they are available, PMMI will review to ensure our current plans comply with these guidelines along with any provided by federal, state, or local government agencies.
Show management will share all updates regarding these recommendations with exhibitors as they further develop. In the meantime, our COVID-19 response team is actively working to plan for a safe and productive event, including the following:
Show Management Areas Cleaning and Policy Process
- Increased cleaning in all show management areas such as registration, product locators, exhibitor and attendee lounges, etc.
- Hand sanitizer stations located throughout the building
- Mask distribution on site for those who want them
- Mailing badges to allow even distribution of people within the halls and limit lines in registration at show opening
- Remote badge pick-up in designated areas throughout the facility
- Decreased seating in the educational sessions to allow for social distancing
- Encouraging social distancing in common areas through signage and floor decals
Best Practices and Readiness for Exhibitors
PMMI will provide best practices/suggestions for exhibitors to maintain adequate social distancing in their booths including:
- Open booth designs to limit groups congregating in one particular area or creating a restricted area
- Allow open entry and exit points
- Clean machines and high touch surfaces multiple times throughout the day
- Utilize seating to allow adequate social distancing
- Use My Show Planner to schedule appointments in advance
- Provide hand sanitizer in your booth
- If serving food, Savor, the official catering provider for McCormick Place, can work with exhibitors on how to ensure proper food safety
General Building Cleaning Process
In addition to restrooms, increased cleaning in all high touch building areas including:
- All info desks
- All entrance revolving door handles, main door handles, and push bars
- Public furniture
- High-touch points in meeting rooms (door handles, podiums, etc.)
- Revamping food service to ensure food safety
General Building Readiness
- McCormick Place Staff Training - Security, Fire Safety, EMT and paramedic personnel have guidelines on how to recognize possible symptoms of Coronavirus. In addition, First Aid staff has received precautionary training in the event a guest came to our attention with Coronavirus-like symptoms.
- First Aid Stations: First aid will be located in all halls and able to assist attendees or exhibitors as needed
- Update to Air Exchange: McCormick Place will increase the outside air intake/air change rate during event hours
- For more information on McCormick Place’s COVID-19 response, click here
Information is changing frequently in response to this pandemic and PMMI is committed to updating our approach to address this changing environment. We will keep all of our exhibitors, attendees, staff and vendors up to date on any changes and our updated response to new developments in order to ensure a coordinated effort and safe environment for all.
Please be sure to also check our COVID-19 Updates and Resources page for the latest information from our response team.
Please contact the PMMI Show Department at [email protected] or 571.612.3200 should you have any questions or concerns. PMMI is here with you and for you.