Cross Pollinate Ideas and Watch Innovations Flower
October 23, 2014
Follow PMMI on Twitter: @PMMIorg
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Cross Pollinate Ideas and Watch Innovations Flower
Center for Trends and Technology combines what PACK EXPO Int’l and Pharma EXPO attendees need for manufacturing with ideas to spark innovation
Reston, Va.; Oct. 23, 2014 — The Center for Trends and Technology (CTT) (Booth S-3907), sponsored for the second year by Rockwell Automation® and its Partner Network™ Program, will be a center for cross pollinating ideas at PACK EXPO International and Pharma EXPO (McCormick Place, Chicago: Nov. 2–5, 2014).
“The cross pollination of ideas means being inspired by new ideas outside your normal purview,” says Jim Pittas, senior vice president, Trade Shows, for PMMI, The Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies.
“It’s a concept that has been top of mind as we prepare for PACK EXPO International and Pharma EXPO 2014,” he adds. PMMI is the owner and producer of the PACK EXPO portfolio of trade shows, which includes the upcoming PACK EXPO International and Pharma EXPO.
CTT’s cutting-edge learning sessions and dynamic displays will showcase trends, remote solutions, line integration technologies, cloud computing and track-and-trace technologies, and staff will help visitors find the suppliers who can help them decide whether a technology is applicable and viable to their business.
The sessions and the display are as pertinent to Pharma EXPO as they are to PACK EXPO, says Mike Wagner, global segment business manager, Rockwell Automation.
“No matter what you manufacture, efficiency and making the most of technology are at the center of success,” he says. “There is so much each industry can learn from the others. Food manufacturers, for example, can glean insight from the pharmaceutical industry and its sanitation practices.”
Educational sessions will take place throughout the show, with speakers from organizations including the Alliance for Innovation and Operational Excellence (AIOE), Cisco, Grantek Systems Integration, Interstates Control Systems Inc., Microsoft Corporation, Rockwell Automation and Stone Technologies Inc. The schedule is online at Packexpointernational.com, and topics include:
- Safety is Good Business: How end users and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) can collaborate for maximum performance, productivity and safety in equipment.
- How will the Food Safety Modernization Act Impact My Manufacturing and Supply Chain Operations? Traceability is a big piece of the puzzle as the Food Safety Modernization Act comes into fruition. This session will explore what that means and how to develop a blueprint for FSMA preparedness.
- Best Practices in Reducing Risk & Achieving Agility with Serialization: There are no global serialization requirements, but clearly, serialization legislation is on the rise around the world. That means comprehensive systems to track products from the beginning stages of manufacturing throughout the supply chain. Best-in-class companies are using new serialization solutions to reduce implementation risks of commercial off-the-shelf technology for a speedy return on investment.
- Secure Remote Support: Here’s a way to give remote support groups and partners the ability to monitor, manage and configure plant-wide automation equipment and machinery. The session highlights a range of solutions and details best practices to balance remote access needs with security requirements.
- Line Integration and Analytics —Turning Plant Floor Data into Actionable Information: Competitive pressures are challenging us all to drive inefficiencies out of our systems. Here’s how to do it. This session will focus on using line integration techniques to find the hidden potential within a manufacturing facility, whether you’re searching for data to satisfy operations or management.
- Internet of Things (IoT) for Manufacturing: Are you ready for IoT? The next step in the evolution of the industrial network will enable machine designs that don’t exist today.
- Securing Manufacturing Control Networks: Internet-enabled technologies, such as cloud and mobility, are growing, and with them, so is the need to understand potential security risks and best practices. Take a moment to discuss redundancy, the need for a DMZ, VLAN traffic, concerns for I/O networks and the differences between firewalls and NAT appliances.
CTT’s new features include the Rockwell Automation interactive wall, with its fully animated baked goods line, which allows you to closely investigate the benefits of technologies, machine by machine.
“PACK EXPO is all about learning and new ideas, and CTT will deliver on all counts,” Pittas says.
“Agreed. We’re looking forward to welcoming attendees from both shows to the CTT,” adds Mike Wagner.
More information about PACK EXPO International and Pharma EXPO 2014, co-located with PACK EXPO and produced in partnership by PMMI and the International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering (ISPE), is available online at Packexpointernational.com and Pharmaexpo.com. Admission to the show is $60 and includes access to all displays and educational sessions across the event, except for the Pharma EXPO Conference program.
PMMI, The Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies, is a trade association representing over 650 packaging and processing supply chain companies that provide a full range of packaging and processing machinery, materials, components and containers. PMMI actively brings buyers and sellers together through programs and events such as the PACK EXPO portfolio of trade shows, packexpo.com, PACK EXPO Show Daily, networking events and educational programs.
PMMI organizes the PACK EXPO trade shows: PACK EXPO International, Pharma EXPO, co-located with PACK EXPO International and presented jointly with the International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering (ISPE); PACK EXPO Las Vegas, PACK EXPO East, EXPO PACK México and EXPO PACK Guadalajara, connecting participants in the packaging and processing supply chain with their customers around the world. Coming Up: PACK EXPO International 2014, Nov. 2–5 (McCormick Place, Chicago); Pharma EXPO, co-located with PACK EXPO International 2014; PACK EXPO East, debuting Feb. 16–18, 2015 (Pennsylvania Convention Center, Philadelphia); EXPO PACK Guadalajara 2015, March 10–12, 2015 (Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico); EXPO PACK México 2015, June 16–19 (Mexico City, Mexico).
About Rockwell Automation, Inc.
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE:ROK), the world’s largest company dedicated to industrial automation and information, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wis., Rockwell Automation employs about 22,000 people serving customers in more than 80 countries.
PMMI Director, Member Communications