Plan Your Trip to Chicago and PACK EXPO International
Chicago is easy to get to and one of the most cost-competitive cities for domestic and international travel. Plus, the city’s great restaurants and sightseeing add pleasure to your business trip.
Here are a few tips for planning your trip:
- Check for flights into Midway as well as O’Hare Airport.
- Consider taking the train – Amtrak is a convenient option from many cities.
- Take advantage of Chicago’s extensive public transportation network. Visit transitchicago.com to plan a trip.
- Chicago is a great city for culture and cuisine. To explore all the options for spending your free time, visit ChooseChicago.com.
Plus – take advantage of FREE Chicago Concierge services toget recommendations and reservations at Chicago restaurants and more.
Special Discounts for Show Attendees
Refer to the following discount codes when making reservations:
Arriving by Air
Check for flights to both Midway and O’Hare Airports—both are convenient to the venue and hotels. For more information, visit flychicago.com.
Taxi: Taxis are available outside the lower level of all O’Hare terminals and in front of the main terminal at Midway.
- For shared taxis, there is a per-person flat rate of $24 from O’Hare or $18 from Midway to downtown.
- Single riders can expect to spend approximately $40 for a 45-minute ride from O’Hare or $30 for a 25-minute trip from Midway to downtown, depending on traffic conditions.
Shuttle: GO Airport Express serves downtown Chicago hotels and businesses from O'Hare or Midway.
- A 15% discount is available to show attendees when you reserve online through this link.
- Shared vans depart every 10 to 15 minutes from boarding areas outside baggage claim.
- Private vans, sedans and SUVs are also available to reserve online.
- Sales desks are located near baggage claim at the airport.
Rail: When traffic is heavy, a Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) train to downtown can be your fastest option. Visit transitchicago.com/airports for more information.
Arriving by Car
McCormick Place is located at 2301 S. King Drive, Chicago, Illinois. Visit McCormickPlace.com for driving directions and parking information. To locate parking facilities elsewhere in Chicago, visit Chicagoparkingmap.com.
Free Shuttle Bus Service from Hotel to McCormick Place
Shuttle buses run between official PACK EXPO International/Pharma EXPO hotels and McCormick Place every day of the show. Buses depart every 15 to 20 minutes for most hotel routes; less frequently for others.
Getting Around Chicago
Metra Train: As a quick alternative to shuttle buses and taxis, ride the Metra (electric commuter train) for free with the Metra ticket you will receive in your registration packet. (Tickets are also available onsite at the Metra desk.) Trains run to McCormick Place from downtown Chicago stations (Millennium, VanBuren/Jackson Street and Roosevelt Road) located within walking distance of many hotels. The trip takes only 7 minutes from Millennium, less from the others.
As a show attendee, you can take advantage of free concierge services online or at McCormick Place, where Chicago Concierge will have a desk on level 2.5 of the Grand Concourse. In partnership with Choose Chicago (Chicago’s official destination and marketing organization), local hospitality experts can provide you with recommendations and reservations for:
- Top restaurants
- And more
Visit http://www.chooseconcierge.com/pack for more information!